Ready for a crash course in building a strong community organization? Come to Bootcamp.
2018 dates: June 7-8 (SOLD OUT) OR November 12-13.
$700 per person, with $200 discount for teams (scroll down to learn more), REGISTER NOW
Want to open your organization to your community? At this hands-on training in Santa Cruz, you’ll learn the theory and practice of how to do so–and how to make your organization more relevant, vibrant, valued, and sustainable along the way. Get inspired. Get new tools. Open it up.
This bootcamp is led by the OFBYFOR ALL team and rooted in lessons learned from hundreds of participatory projects at the MAH and around the world.
Come to this two-day bootcamp to:
- Articulate your goals for community participation at your organization.
- Map your community’s assets and needs and how they align with your goals.
- Get a crash course in social capital theory and ways of measuring community participation.
- Develop compelling, powerful participatory offers and promises for your prospective partners.
- Gain new community participation tools you can take home and adapt to your organization.
- Connect with diverse colleagues who can help you as you continue your journey.
- Tour MAH participatory exhibitions and shadow MAH community events.
- Get inspired, laugh out loud, and share honest lessons from the messy, joyful world of community participation.
Not just for museum people.
This bootcamp is designed for working professionals seeking to implement community participation in your organization or program. While we will tour some of the MAH’s participatory programs and exhibitions, this bootcamp is not museum-centric. We welcome campers from diverse community, civic, and cultural sites.
The fee for Bootcamp is $700 per person. But community participation is better with friends! Bring 2 or more people from your organization for $200 off each registration.
Registration is limited to 40 people on a first-come, first-served basis. Register now.
Refund Policy: We understand that sometimes plans need to change. Full refunds for sessions are available to registrants who cancel at least 60 days prior to bootcamp dates. 50% refunds will be offered to those who cancel within 60 days of a bootcamp.